exim4 and "local delivery"

I have two machines, configured with exim4 to use a smarthost.
However, I want to be able to send an email from one local machine to
another, avoiding the smarthost. What is the easiest way of doing
this? I've tried setting some of the values prompted for during the
debconf configuration, but they don't seem relevant? Before exim4, I
did:

through_firewall:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = "*.localnet $domain byname"

in the ROUTERS CONFIGURATION section.

What would be the equivalent exim4 setting? I unfortunately don't have
the time right now to figure this out for myself, and hope someone
here already knows the answer.

Thanks,
Hugo van der Merwe