Re: RealPlayer Autoupdate Error with Mplayer Plugin?

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 08:38:46PM -0600, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> I am very pleased with my Mplayer plugin in Mozilla. However, when I try to
> run RealPlayer embedded files I get
>
> http://www.johnkerry.com/
>
> (To to right column, middle: Recent TV Ads, A Good American, Real, DSL)
>
> I get a strange error message:
>
> "You do not have the necessary user permissions to enable Autoupdate. "
>
> What in the world is RealPlayer talking about?
>
> On the other hand, if I select the same clip using Windows Media Player, it
> works flawlessly.

I just installed the MPlayer plugin after reading your post, and
about:plugins says

"MPlayer Plug-in supports QuickTime Plug-in 6.0 and Windows Media Player
Plugin"
and only lists Quicktime and Windows Media protocols as supported,
even though my MPlayer will do live.com RealPlayer RTSP:// streaming.

So, maybe it's just the plugin.