Re: Re: sarge install guide.

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:30:20 +0100, schall wrote:

> Thanks a lot. But I think that my problem is that when I run base-config the
> system asks me some questions about X, and servers, and programs, ... and I
> can't answer them because I don't know what they are. As you can see, I'm a
> newbie.

Usually, the default settings are okay for a newbie.

If you don't manage, though, you might want to start on this new field (as
it seems) with another distro (I feel the flame rolling in ...) that is
easier to install; as starter, and come back later ?

The installer seems to remain Debian's worst feature. For the rest it is a
great thing to be used (if you know your way around somehow).

Good luck !