Re: Print Icon?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 04:35:30PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 01:27:59PM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> > You can't format the current drive.
>
> That is a common misconception.  I have done it.  Pretty easy from the
> command line.

On NT?  With format.exe?  On C:?
I just tried it, with the "/x" (force unmount) switch:
it fails, files still in use.  I guess it would be possible
in theory, especially if you wrote your own kernel-mode code,
but the standard tools check for this.

I think maybe a non-system partition can be forced, and apps
with open files will just get errors, but the OS won't let you
destroy itself while its in use.