linux client for graal online

I'm interested in trying out a game I found, Graal Online. There is a
linux client, and an installer script. Installer seemed to go off fine,
but I can't get the client to start. Pops up a dialog that says:
Unable to initialize OpenGL. (Error: Could not load OpenGL library)

Now, I've tried running strace, but the only missing files I can come up
with are:
/etc/ld.so.nohwcap
/etc/ld.so.preload

Strace dump posted at http://mental-graffiti.com/d-u/graal/

As far as opengl, I'm pretty sure I've got it working properly. I use
the nvidia driver, and have successfully run such programs as tuxracer,
quake (2 && 3), unreal.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Soundgarden - Kickstand : Superunknown