Re: Recommended ISP's

I've had very good luck with Road Runner cable. I used to have SBC DSL but after they kept dialing down my speed (I'm at the edge of the service radius) and the 2nd modem burned up I went with RR. They did have problems (DNS server issue, they said) this fall locally, but they eventually got it straightened out.

I agree that bandwidth can get zapped from time to time and it will vary with your area. However, the company garuntees a certain level of performance, the rest is bonus.

For security, a $40 - $60 router/hub/firewall works wonders and I have no complaints with mine.

HTH