Re: groff problem: it insists on A4 rather than letter! [solved]

* Lance Simmons <lance@lsimmons.net> [040117 18:20]:
> I'm trying to use groff to create postscript, but it keeps returning
> pages for A4 paper rather than letter.

There wasn't really a problem.  I was making two mistakes:

1.  I wasn't using a macro, such as -me, so there was no header or
footer, and

2.  I hadn't noticed that gv defaults to A4.

As a result, when I looked at the postscript resulting from groff, gv
would tell me it was A4, _and_ because the text filled so much of the
page it really looked like an A4 page.

I hope this explanation helps someone in the future who searches the
archives; I couldn't find anything there.

--
Lance Simmons