Re: Documentation and Usability

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

Do you really consider basic etiquette to be a debian-specific "bow down
and scrape" requirement?

I consider "basic etiquette" to be very benificial when asking for advice AND when giving it. It is my hope that this conversation (aka debate) will accomplish a few small goals.

As a noobie (or newbie? it doesn't matter) to this particular platform I can understand someone elses' frustration in learning how it use it. As a seasoned professional paid to support computer users with any level of knowledge, I can also note the severe "Club" atmosphere some have displayed today. I have learned to seperate my personal feelings of inadaquacies from the frustration of the person asking for help and not take it personally. The end result is a user who has not been be-littled or shamed and is a little more able to take care of themselves (hows that for a win-win situation).

Yes, I have received some good advice on this list in the last week (including today) which has been very helpful. Today, I discovered some other comments should go into "useless" catagory.

What did you learn today?

Mac <they call me Mr.> McCaskie