Re: ati radeon 9200 - slow 3d acceleration

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 10:11:51PM +0100, LeVA wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have an ati radeon 9200 card, and want to use it's 3d acceleration.
>
> Programs, which needs 3d acceleration (tuxracer, unreal tournament) are
> very slow, but that glxgears program tells me, that it runs at 240fps.

240 fps on glxgears is slow, I have a radeon 7500 and get over 1000 fps
at the original size and 170 when maximized.

> Which xfree driver do you recommend, the 'fglrx' or the buil-tin
> 'radeon' driver?
> And what modules do I need to load (glx,dri,glcore?), if I want to play
> 3d games smoothly?
> Anybody have the same problem with an ati card?

With my radeon 7500 I use the built in radeon driver.

Here's what I have in my XF86Config (these are the relevant lines):
Section "Module"
        Load    "GLcore"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"