Re: Mozilla broken, does not start up

A.L.Meyers wrote:

Hi!  Trying to start Mozilla recently does nothing.  ps -A tells me that
a task called mozilla-bin is running but the browser does not come up.
Same systems runs konqueror and netscape perfectly.  Galeon, however,
will not start up either.  Advice appreciated.

Lux
Try killing all instances of mozilla, then rename your ~/.mozilla directory to move it out of the way, and then start moz. If it starts, you can move your bookmarks, etc back over and hopefully recover from there.

You might even want to restart X; it seems to me that sometimes Moz and friends somehow get hosed over time (memory leaks?), and a restart of X fixes it (reminds me of Windows - yuck, but at least you don't have to restart the box, just X).

--
Kent