Re: gpg help

On Saturday 17 January 2004 5:42 am, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i recently formatted my os. i had created my public and private keys
> in gpg. Before format, I backed up my $HOME/.gnupg directory. Now I
> need to setup everything. How do I use my private key back ?

You should be able to just put the contents of your backed-up ~/.gnupg
directory into your current ~/.gnupg directory. The files that are of
most concern are:

pubring.gpg -- all your public keys
secring.gpg -- all your secret keys
options or gpg.conf -- gnupg options file
trustdb.gpg -- the "trust" database -- can be rebuilt if necessary

But it shouldn't hurt to just restore everything.

--
Wesley J. Landaker - wjl@icecavern.net