Re: ping script

Actually this is the way I tried to get it to continually loop. Apparently it does, but it only send out messages as to failures after I have killed the process.

#!/bin/bash
while :; do
ping='10.0.0.3'
if ping -c 1 $ping;
then echo "success";
else echo "ping failed for $ping" | mail -s "ping failure for $ping" curtis;
fi
done

Curtis Vaughan