Re: debian and Interactivebastille

Hello

Rick Weinbender (<rwein@central-ph.k12.mo.us>) wrote:

> I've just installed bastille on Debian using the
> 'apt-get install bastille'  command.
> It looks like there is an 'InteractiveBastille'
> command that can be entered from the commandline.
> When I type it, I get:
> RAW ERROR: Can't locate Curses.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib
>    /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1
>    /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1
>    /usr/share/perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at (eval 1) line
>    2. BEGIN
>    failed--compilation aborted at (eval 1) line 2.  at
> /usr/sbin/InteractiveBastille line 243.
> I've tried installing libncurses using
> 'apt-get install libncurses5-dev'
> which installs fine, but doesn't get rid of that error message.
> I know this isn't completely a debian issue, but
> if anyone could help with this I'd appreciate it.

First, you installed the nurses headers, but this is not what you need.

apt-get install libncurses-perl

should help.

Second, I think the Bastille package was broken in Woody r0. If you use
Woody, make sure you at least have the package from r1 installed.

Third, Bastille also has an X interface that uses TK. Install perl-tk if
you want to use it.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--