Re: HELP

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 05:19:55PM -0800, Harold Backer wrote:
> Hi I am new to Dedian list to get a list of the I am
> guestiong it is called the command prompt function
> name and what does it do this is an example "Cfdisk"
> please help I think this one make a new disk thank you

I have a certain amount of difficulty understanding your question due to the
lack of punctuation, but I think you want the "man" command, for example:

man cfdisk

tells you all about cfdisk. It doesn't "make a new disk" - people like
Seagate and Western Digital do that :-) - it allows you to edit the
partition table, which is necessary when installing a new disk.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons