Samba and CUPS -- not using -o raw?

Greetings!

I've got the most recent packages of cupsys (1.1.20final-10) and samba
(3.0.1-2) from my mirror, but when I submit jobs to one of my PostScript
printers, it continually reports the PostScript error 'undefined
command, userdict'.  When I (in Windows) write the job to a file and
then print this PostScript file from the command line (in Linux), the
printer also reports a PostScript error.

However, if I print the file using '-o raw' from Linux, the printer
prints the job without any errors.  I conclude that I need to convince
Samba to send jobs to CUPS with '-o raw'.

Consulting the man page for smb.conf, it says:

  print command

  For printing = CUPS: If SAMBA is compiled against libcups, then
  printcap = cups uses the CUPS API to submit jobs, etc. Otherwise it
  maps to the System V commands with the -oraw option for printing, i.e.
  it uses lp -c -d%p -oraw; rm %s. With printing = cups, and if SAMBA is
  compiled against libcups, any manually set print command will be
  ignored.

I think the Debian package is compiled against libcups:

  $ ldd /usr/sbin/smbd
    libcups.so.2 => /usr/lib/libcups.so.2 (0x40100000)

but it doesn't seem to be sending jobs to the printer with '-o raw'
(otherwise the print jobs from Windows would print without PostScript
errors)

The relevant sections in my /etc/samba/smb.conf look like this:

  load printers = yes
  printing = cups
  printcap name = cups
  #   print command = lp -c -d%p -oraw; rm %s

This is in the [global] section.  I've also got [printers] and [print$]
sections, but I don't think there's anything there that would cause this
problem and I'm not doing anything with per-printer configurations (no
sections for individual printers).

The 'print command' is commented out because when I uncomment it,
printing doesn't work at all (Windows print jobs simply disappear).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu
IARC -- Frontier Program         Please use encryption.  GPG key at: