Re: Differences in RH Fedora coming from Debian

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:19:54 -0600
From: Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net>

> . . . I have to use Vulgarly Illogical for my text editor for
the purposes of labs, tests, etc.  As illustrated by the previous
sentence, I'm an emacs user.
{SNIP}
> . . . Any and all tips are welcome.

Here's one: _Don't_ enlist for the troll war of vi vs emacs.

When you sit down to dinner, you don't -- I hope -- brush aside your
fork, grab the knife, inform your hostess `I'm a knife user', &
begin slashing away at the mashed potatoes.

Basic in Unix philosophy is this precept: Use the tool that best
fits the job.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle