Re: Debian and Knoppix.

Geoff Bagley wrote:
I understand that Knoppix is based on Debian GNU/Linux.
Will Knoppix allow apt-get,  aptitude, and synaptic to be used ?

Can Knoppix  "import"  packages from a Debian Distro ?

TIA

Geoff.

Yes, Knoppix will allow you, as far as I know, to use apt-get and all of its features.

Thought i don't know how it will behave if you try an apt-get dist-upgrade, as their are some Knoppix-only packages, as for instance knx-alsa.

--
Bob Hentges                            |     .''`.
http://bhentges.luxadmin.org           |    : :'  :