Re: dhcp client setup

Attila Csosz <csosz33@axelero.hu> writes:

> How to setup a dhcp client? My computer connected to an another(server)
> the server act as a "dhcp server". If I put the following lines to the
> /etc/network/interfaces
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
> Is it enough or should I start a client program too on my
> computer(client)? Which package is recommended to use: dhcp-client or
> dhcp3-client

You need to have a DHCP client installed, but ifup should take
responsibility for running it for you.  Either of the packages you
suggest should be fine; I generally use dhcp3-* because it's newer and
shinier, but that's not a terribly good reason.  :-)  Other than that,
it looks like you have done the necessary configuration and things
should Just Work.

	-- Abra Mitchell