paper orientation - cups - mozilla

When I try to print from Mozilla, I get the image turned 270 deg (90 deg
clockwise) so that the top third or so is off the long side of the
sheet.  Most other apps print normally - and most give access to setup
options (I think part of the cups setup) for paper orientation when
printing, should there be a problem.  But Mozilla has
  File > page setup: where the page is set as portrait,
       > print preview: which produces a correct page preview,
       > print: which offers a choice of printers (not the usual cups
                choices, but a dropdown with one option,
                "Postscript/default", and a "properties" button, which
                opens a window with a choice of paper sizes , with the
                correct default, the printer command given as
                "lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}",
                a choice of b+w or colour, and margin settings.
                No choice of orientation.

  Edit > Preferences: doesn't seem to offer any print system options.

I cannot see anything in /usr/lib/mozilla/defaults/pref/ that I ought to
change - and I wouldn't expect to have to fiddle with these files in
order to get basic functionality.

Can anyone suggest where I should look to adjust Mozilla to print
correctly.  At the moment, I have to work around by printing to file
and viewing with gv or xpdf and then printing.

TIA

--
richard