Re: how to install testing/unstable packages

well,
after adding the section that you've mentioned below and hitting:
apt-get upgrade
what state will my os come to ? will it be upgraded in stable or testing or unstable state ?
plz guide..

ritesh
At 11:32 PM 1/14/2004, you wrote:
Sometime near Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:12:35PM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> the stable release seems rock solid. but packages like kde are very
> outdated. how do i upgrade the kde packages (testing release).  what lines
> do i need to add into my /etc/apt/sources.list

/etc/apt/sources.list
--CUT--
deb http://ftp.wa.au.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.wa.au.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
--CUT--

However you will want to replace wa.au.debian.org with you closest
mirror :)

after that run

$ apt-get update

and you will have a nice lot of unstable packages to choose from

PS: i think you could try apt-get upgrade to re-install new versions of
what you currently have. Not to sure though :)
--
Cheers,
rinmak <rinmak@technine.org>