Re: startup scripting

Sometime near Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 02:34:22PM -0600, Rick Weinbender wrote:
> Is this proper way to add my script to startup?
> Will this gracefully shutdown any apps my script calls
> if I do a cntrl-alt-del at the keyboard?

Sure is, however for your script to unload itself it needs to accept the
command line parameter "stop". Example

--CUT--
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
	start)
		# start commands here
		;;
	stop)
		# stop commands here
		;;
	*)
		echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
esac
--CUT--

Depending on the programs your script starts it may even be safe to let
the system kill you apps off upon a halt/reboot, however if you like the
satisfaction of being in complete control then go by the standard.
--
Cheers,
rinmak <rinmak@technine.org>