Re: Multiple ip addresses with hardware router

> At 12:53 PM 1/14/04 +0100, you wrote:
> >You have to set up the router to forward anything that comes in on your
> >external ip to your internal machine. The linux-box itself can't listen on
>
> Hello.  Yes, I know that Linux only listens on the 192.168.0.x block, but
> what I am unsure of is if the router will listen on multiple ips.  In other
> words, you refer to one external ip, but actually there will be several
> external ips.  We will be running our own nameserver which requres two ips,
> for example.  Can the hardware router listen on multiple ips?  Can Linux

No, I _don't_ think that your hardware router is capable of listening on
multiple external ip's. But you'll have to consult the manual of your router
to know that for sure.

> figure out which ip is which?

If your hardware router allows you to listen on multiple external ips. You
should be able to set it up like this.

                router                     linux-box

internet ---    62.1.1.1   forwarded to    192.168.0.1
                62.1.1.2   forwarded to    192.168.0.2

if you need more information, feel free to contact me.