enscript margins

hey folks,

just recently discovered enscript, which I'm loving as a
pretty-printing tool (though if folks have suggestions for other
tools, I'm happy to hear them).

One little error that puzzles me -- enscript seems to think my 8.5x11
(US Letter) pages are longer than they really are.  When formatting
text it prints just past the bottom edge of the page.  I'm able to
correct this with the --margins= switch, but I wonder if this points
to some strange lack of communication bettween enscript and CUPS or
something.

Any idea how to fix t his, or where the problem might lie?

matt