Re: apt-cache show (only newest package)

Bill Moseley wrote:
This laptop was installed as a Woody, then it went through testing and now unstable. I've got sources for all in sources.list.

So, when I do $ apt-cache show foo I see more than one foo package. Can I use apt-cache to just show the most current package -- or really, the package that would get installed with apt-get install foo?

I hope this flu didn't make me miss something really obvious in the man page for apt-cache.

Thanks,

Not exactly apt-cache, but, if you install grep-dctrl, 'grep-available -PX foo' should give you the output that you want.