Re: hdparms question

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 03:44:49PM +0100, David Baron wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I do not have an /etc/hdparm.conf
> I do have an /etc/default/hdparm which is a very verbose file with
> everything!! commented out. This is the file called out in the script.
>
> Would I simply uncomment the line for 32 bit access?

That'll greatly depends on your needs.

Mine is below. rather very simple I think.

/dev/hda {
    io32_support = 3
    dma = on
}
/dev/hdb {
    io32_support = 3
    dma = off
}

Be sure you have to enclose attribute-value-set with brackets,
and specify device name such as /dev/hda or /dev/hdb as above,
before the opening bracket.

After editing, let your machine reboot, and
see what hdparm -iv /dev/hdx says!

I hope it'll be your help.