Re: CD Burning problem

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 03:59:49PM +0800, Stephen Liu <satimis@icare.com.hk> wrote:
First, please see my answer from yesterday.

> I have visited the above site, some of link already missing.  Several things
> have changed with cdrecord lately.  The latest versions of cdrecord, however,
> support writing to IDE/ATAPI cd writers directly using the ATAPI system.
> 'man cdrecord' does not help much.
 The addressing is -dev=ATAPI:/dev/hdc (assuming your cdw drive is on
the secondary cable as master).

> Fixating time: 76.884s
> cdrecord.mmap: fifo had 235 puts and 235 gets.
> cdrecord.mmap: fifo was 0 times empty and 129 times full, min fill was 96%.
>
> Failed. Can't burn CDRW
 It was ok, see my prevoius mail.

> # egrep -i "BLK_DEV_LOOP|BLK_DEV_RAM|
> BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE" /usr/local/src/linux-2.4.22/.config | grep -v ^#
> grep: /usr/local/src/linux-2.4.22/.config: No such file or directory
 Argh. Please sometimes think. I may sound mad, but try to think what
the advice means, and if it does not work, what should you change. In
the above example, the problem is that your kernel source located
elsewhere than /usr/local/src/linux-2.4.22 . You may have an other
version even.

> # cat /proc/version
> Linux version 2.4.22-1-386 (herbert@gondolin) (gcc version 3.3.2 20030908
> (Debian prerelease)) #9 Sat Oct 4 14:30:39 EST 2003
 Kewl, you have the standard Debian kernel. Then, your .config files
should be at /boot/config-2.4.22-1-386 or so (please check /boot/).

> (Website suggests to run following command)
> cd /usr/local/src/linux-2.4.22 ; make xconfig)
 Do you have your kernel sources installed? And even, it will be under
/usr/src/linux-$(VERSION) IMHO.
Anyway, you do _not_ have to mess with the kernel, the Debian favour
contains everything you need.

Hope you will be fine now,
GCS