adding extra network routes

After I got tired of adding a network route everytime I started my
machine, I added the ensuing line to a file 'route00' and saved it in
/etc/network/if-up.d

 route add -net 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth0

This works, but what I don't understand is why run-parts attempts to run the
script five times, or is it because I have five virtual interfaces on eth0?

run-parts echoes the following error on startup.

 Configuring network interfaces: SIOCADDRT: No such device
 run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/00route exited with return code 7
 SIOCADDRT: File exists
 done.

The last three lines are repeated five times. This brings me to my question.
Where should I put my one line script 'route00' in order to add an extra
route to a network without seeing the above errors on startup?

Thanks & regards,

--

Alphonse Ogulla
Nairobi, Kenya