Problem Sending Mail with exim

When attempting to send mail from mutt I get the message "Lookup of host "Dragon" failed in smarthost router"

Dragon is the host name for this system. I use static addresses for my LAN and the IP address for Dragon is given in hosts after the end of the debcof area.

In /etc/exim/exim.conf I find

   smarthost:
      driver = domainlist
      transport = remote_smtp
      routelist ="* Dragon bydns_a"

   end

Until the recent testing dist-upgrade I had no problem sending mail from mutt. Apparently something has changed but I cannot find any guidance relating to this configuration problem.

Tom