Re: en_CA? [was Re: www.gnu.org, glibcbug, bug@gnu.org, dpkg-reconfigure locales]

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 08:33:47AM -0500, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 06:40:58PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:24:01PM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> > > I don't know, no, no, and yes.  US does mo/day/yr, we do day/mo/yr
> > > (when we're not doing yyyy-mm-dd (iso).  Are spelling dictionaries
> > > affected by locale?  Dunno.
> >
> > I think en_ca and en_uk have identical dictionaries.
>
> They might. But in general I think that in Canadian English there is
> a mix of American and British spelling and often both are acceptable.
> Of course you should be consistent, and not switch spellings in the
> middle of a sentence.

As I drove around Canadian town, I saw bill boad like:
 Joe's Tyre Centre

But since we only have ibritish and iamerican packages, I do not think
we can get icanadian package to check spelling for Canada.

Besides, locale is for glibc.  I think spell disctionary choice is not
directly related to en_CA.

Osamu