Re: 2.6 kernel and nvidia drivers

On Saturday 10 January 2004 23:00, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 09:03:44AM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > Can you say what version of the nvidia drivers you had working.  As you
> > can see from the previous post my version is 4496 - and whilst this works
> > on 2.4.22 it doesn't seem to work (rebuilt after patching) on 2.6.0
>
> Use the installer.  It's *way* easier.

Not sure its that simple.  If you load the debian nvidia-kernel-source package
then there are instructions, not related to the installer
in /usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-source.  This is what I have been following
(including the separate instructions to get a patch for 2.6 - plus the patch
for apm)

How does the installer help?

--
Alan Chandler