Re: 2.6 and devfsd

On Saturday 10 January 2004 22:47, Nate Duehr wrote:
> On Saturday, Jan 10, 2004, at 15:38 America/Denver, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > HOWEVER I think there are a number of module name changes that seem to
> > screw
> > up devfs
>
> Isn't devfs deprecated in 2.6 completely?

Maybe, but there is clearly legacy support - my /dev directory seems to aquire
some directories automatically - for instance installing modprobe psmouse
caused /dev/misc/psaux to appear, and then a symlink from /dev/psaux to this
file also appeared.

> > The first problem is establishing /dev/agpgart.  This no longer happens
> > despite manually loading module agpgart.  Not sure I can quite find
> > out why
> > at the moment.  In desperation I have configured my Nvidia driver to
> > not
> > assume a linux driver for this.
>
> There were AGPGART fixes in the 2.6.1 released in the last couple of
> days.

Possibly, but my guess is this is not related.  I can'd find what devices are
created when the module is loaded - all I know is the nvidia drivers failed
to load because there was an error related to agpgart.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk