Re: dhcpd sending unwanted bootp packets

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 03:53:29PM -0600, Greg Norris wrote:
> It appears that sasami is trying to send bootp packets to one of the
> internal boxes.  As far as I can see, tho, dhcpd is configured for dhcp
> only... I've included my dhcpd.conf below.  Do I need to do something
> special to turn off bootp?  Or is this normal behaviour, which I should
> allow through the firewall?

I don't know about the particulars but this is from man dhcpd.conf:
       "The bootp keyword

        allow bootp;
        deny bootp;

       The bootp flag is used to tell dhcpd whether or not to respond to bootp
       queries.  Bootp queries are allowed by default."

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>
http://www.crasseux.com