Re: PHP & PGSQL

Raquel Rice wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:47:36 -0800
Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 07:45:12PM -0800, Raquel Rice wrote:

I'm running Woody.  Soon after I installed Debian, I installed
PHP4 with MySQL support but not with PostgreSQL.  Now I want to
include support for PostgreSQL, but I'm not sure how to
recompile PHP to include it ... when it was done automatically
for me when installed via apt-get.  Thanks!

I don't know php at all, but I do have php installed with
Postgresql and it works.  Do you need the php4-pear package
installed, perhaps?

--
Bill Moseley

Thank you for your help, Bill.  Compiling PHP and adding new
"features" doesn't bother me.  I've done it several times on my
non-Debian machine.  I'm concerned most about what recompiling will
do to my Debian package system.  I don't really want to mess
anything up there.

Have you tried simply

#apt-get install php4-pgsql

yet? This shouldn't interfere with your php/mysql stuff and it shouldn't require recompiling anything.

	good luck,
		~c