[apache] plain SSL support

I see I can run apache and apache-ssl at the same time but I do not want to have
separate disconnected instances of the server running. I can install
libapache-mod-ssl but it does not work out of the box. It reads:

Setting up libapache-mod-ssl (2.8.9-2.1) ...
Makefile.crt    ... Skipped
ca-bundle.crt   ... Skipped
server.crt      ... Skipped

I belive I have uninstalled and reinstalled apache packages so many times I have
permanently messed up the installation.

What is the cleanest way to get plain Apache+SSL going?

Thanks,
Mike

--
A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are