Re: help! - how to get postgres 7.3 back

On Friday 09 January 2004 16:19, Richard Lyons wrote:
> On Friday 09 January 2004 15:02, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:24:33 +0000
> >
> > Richard Lyons <richard@the-place.net> wrote:
> > > Running sid.  postgresql is now 7.4,  but won't open until I
> > > upgrade the database, which I can't without 7.3.  What do I do?
> >
> > You can specify a version when calling apt-get, read the manpage
> > for info on that.
>
> Yes, I did try but sources.list would have had to be altered, and I
> was unsure which of the many entries to change. [...]

Sorry to add to my own posting.  I have now tried this route
unsuccessfully.  I uncommented
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/pub/debian testing main contrib non-free
but apt-get still says
"E: Version '7.3' for 'postgresql' was not found"
so I evidently need to look elsewhere.  I'm getting lost here...

--
richard