Re: 2.6 kernel and nvidia drivers

On Friday 09 January 2004 19:45, Stephen Touset wrote:
> I have yet to find out if the Debian-provided nvidia-kernel drivers work
> correctly with the 2.6 kernel, and I'd really like to know before I dive
> headlong into the new kernel version. Anyone know?

I am having trouble - I patched the driver with the 2.6 patch and then rebuilt
it into a deb which I then installed.

When the module tries to load (as XFree tries to start up when kdm is started)
I get an entry in syslog as invalid module format.

I am of course stuck now as to what to do next.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk