Re: game

Hello

Dr Gavin Seddon (<gavin.m.seddon@man.ac.uk>) wrote:

> This may seem like a lame question, but, here I spend most time
> conducting computational biophysics for drug design and I could do
> with
> some kind of distraction so I don't keep on working during breaks.  I
> have ALWAYS avoided games on my workstation but it was suggested they
> may provide a necessary distraction.
>
> Can anyone suggest a good game that isn't just mindlessly shooting
> stuff.  Say a good adventure with nice graphics that requires some
> thought?

Maybe you want to try some sokoban game (I think there are several of
them, e.g. ksokoban). If you like to play adventure games, try nethack
(there are graphical interfaces, like nethack-qt, or falconseye). I
also like to play tuxracer from time to time.

If you want info on more games, install aptitude and check the games
section.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--