Re: Replying from Mutt

Tom,

* Thomas H. George <xyz@spininternet.com> [2004-01-09 09:39]:
> The dist-upgrade of testing appears to have altered mutt so replies are
> edited with nano instead of vi.  I have no aversion to learning another
> editor although I was comfortable with vi but my first attempt to reply
> to a message failed.  I struggled to find the exit from nano but
> succeeded in reaching the usual screen with y for send mail however
> after 24 hours the reply has not appeared in the list.

I believe that mutt uses the editor defined to either the VISUAL or
EDITOR environment variables.  If neither of these are set it then uses
the string 'vi'.

Perhaps something you installed/upgraded has set one of these env
variables.

Try issuing 'echo $VISUAL' and 'echo $EDITOR' to see if either of them are
set.

Lou