Re: dpkg and ownership of a file

Hello all,

I am a newbie to Debian and I made a booboo.. While prepping a system for production use, I accidentally overwrote /usr/include/unix.h with the unix.h that comes from the imap2002e library (used by PHP to enable it to use POP and IMAP protocols)...

So, now I cant get some stuff to compile due to the header file being wrong...

My initial thought was "Well, if Debian's package management is anything like Redhat's, I should be able to find out what package owns that file, and then I can reinstall the package."

   So, I do a:

	dpkg -S unix.h

And it gives me no results... Well, gives me an auth_unix.h file, which isnt what I'm looking for...

My question is: If Debian packages are just as good if not better than Redhat RPM's, then why can I not find out what package owns that file?

   Am I using the wrong command?

Thanks,
Brad