Re: Could not load OpenGL library

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 23:09, Colin Watson wrote:

> > I found a solution to this on the linux games tome page, where someone
> > said you need to remove /usr/lib/tls (or move it out of the way).
> >
> > Worked liked a charm for me.

When a game tries to load libGL.so, libGLcore also needs to be loaded,
but this step is done automatically by the glibc dynamic linker.  Even
when /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 is being loaded, the glibc dynamic linker tries
to load /usr/lib/tls/libGL.so.1 first.

That is probably why it works when you rename or delete the tls
directory.

This issue was reported
to the Debian bug system on November 10th and so far the maintainer has
not made any response at all, see:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2003/debian-glibc-200311/msg00401.html
and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200311/msg01124.html