Re: italics in openoffice not being displayed

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 16:25, martin f krafft wrote:
> The problem is quite simple: When I format text in OpenOffice.org as
> italic, it is displayed as normal text. However, when I open the
> document on the same OpenOffice.org veersion on another machine, the
> italics is displayed. Thus, it looks to me like a fonts problem.
>
> The problem is: where is the problem. The machine is 1000 km away
> from me and I can't go through excessive error-search procedures
> over a dial-up link.

Not even enough to check open bugreports for openoffice.org?  The
problem is bug 214588 and happens because OOo tries to use a Vera font
that does not have an italic face.  Your options:

 Install msttcorefonts

 or remove bitsream-vera fonts

 or move the references to vera to the end of the line in:
/usr/lib/openoffice/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/VCL.xcu

 or wait until 1.1.0-4 (which isn't ready yet)

Chris