Re: apt-check-sigs problem (plz cc adambarton@mac.com)

Adam Barton wrote:

People,

Perhaps you could give me a hand with an issue I am having with the apt-check-sigs script. Also would you mind CCing me on your responses as I am off list right now.

I have been updating with 'apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade' which has been working fine but I now want to use the apt-check-sigs script to ensure I am using authentic Debian packages.

However, when I run apt-check-sigs I get many gpg: error reading key: public key not found errors and I am not sure to interpret the results.

How should I go about troubleshooting this?

I have already downloaded http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2003.asc and installed it using 'gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring trustedkeys.gpg --import ziyi_key_2003.asc' as root.

I have also changed by sources to use ftp.us.debian.org (not that I really think this is so important, but I did notice a release file that didn't have an associated .gpg file on mirror.ac.uk)

Below is the real info.

Kind regards,

Adam Barton.

[SNIPPED]

Also, it would be wonderful if someone could detail how to manually verify release file using gpgv manually.

Kind regards,

Adam Barton.