Re: Help with AGP and 3D acceleration for Radeon 7000

> may I request your help?

Yes!

> I've recently bought a Radeon 7000 graphics card for my home PC
> running Debian testing. (XFree86 version is 4.2.1.1.)  Despite
> having tried several suggestions (I've specified the "radeon" driver
> in place of "ati" in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, loaded the "radeon"
> kernel module, and played with a couple of other settings), I
> haven't been able to get 3D acceleration to work. These are the
> relevant lines from the output of glxinfo, as I understand:
>
> direct rendering: No
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
>
> while glxgears reports an awful 80 FPS.
> I guess that these lines from /var/log/XFree86.0.log identify the
> problem:
>
> (EE) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP not available
> (EE) RADEON(0): [drm] failed to remove DRM signal handler
>
> I tried loading the "agpgart" kernel module, but to no effect.  The
> full /var/log/XFree86.0.log, /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, and the output
> of glxinfo are attached.

One similar problem I encountered was that agpgart must be loaded
before the radeon module.  Just get out of X, manually unload the
radeon module, make sure agpgart is loaded, then start X back up (it
will automatically load the radeon module again), and see what
happens.

Hope this helps,
Lucas
--