Re: Moving /usr problem

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 at 14:59 GMT, Fred Richards penned:

> I've installed a new hard disk and decided to shift /usr.  I've tried
> using tar but I get lots of error messages - symbolic links or
> something.   When I unpack the file, amend fstab and reboot, the new
> /usr isn't picked= up properly and I have to re-mount the old version.

Try using cp -ax rather than tar?

`man cp` for details on what that does.

In the future, please try to list the exact text of the error messages
you receive.  The more specific you are, the better others can help you.
Also, many of us much prefer it if you post in plain text rather than
html.

--
monique