Re: US Robotics Modem drivers ?

Hello

Marc Hultquist (<marc@cks.co.za>) wrote:

> I just got hold of a us robotics 56k message modem and am busy trying
> to install it under linux however, I hit
> a huge snag, I cant find a driver for it, and I dont have a origional
> cd from it :\ I tried probing for it but as of yet I have
> not been able to find anything, I also had a look at
>http://www.usr-emea.com/support/s-prod-template.asp?loc=emea&prod=5668b
> which is the direct link to the modem in specific but I cant seem to
> find anything in regard to their modems being compatiable
> under linux ?

Looks like it is an external modem connected to the serial port. You
probably don't need any drivers for the modem, as long as your serial
port works. Simply tell the dialing program (pppconfig, kppp or
whatever) which port to use. Normally, you need /dev/ttyS0 (COM1) or
/dev/ttyS1 (COM2).

> [ridiculously long disclaimer]

That disclaimer and signature were longer that your message itself.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen