Re: debootstrap problem

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 03:05:30PM +0100, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> I'm trying to install sarge on a i386 system. debootstrap fails as
> follows:
[...]
> cp: error while loading shared libraries: libacl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Are you using the most current version of debootstrap from unstable? You
always want to do this. Specifically your problem looks like:

debootstrap (0.2.21) unstable; urgency=high

  * [sarge] Added coreutils' new predependencies libacl1 and libattr1; removed
    libsasl2 as it is no longer needed.

 -- J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <jdassen@debian.org>  Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:54:08 +0100