Re: KVM switch recomendation? - mice

hi ya

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Greg Norris wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 04:25:23PM -0600, Todd Pytel wrote:
> > Well, I have a Belkin SOHO 4-port (PS/2) that exhibits X issues. If I'm
> > using a wheel mouse (IMPS/2) and switch ports, the mouse goes crazy. One
> > generally knowledgeable person hinted that USB mice might not have such
> > an issue, but did not have any hard evidence to that effect.
>
> I've used one of those in the past as well.  The only "fix" I've seen
> is to configure the mouse as a plain 3-button, which of course nixes
> the wheel scrolling.

sometimes ... the el cheapo ( generic ) mice makes a difference

- test with the real ms mouse on both servers when you switch the kvm
  and if it dies .... its the kvm box

- if it almost works ...
	ctl-alt-F1  and back into X11 usually fixed it for me

- restart gpm in console sometimes helps
- mouseconfig alsoo sometimes helped

- manual kb/video switching always works..

and nope... i use $3 generic mice ... and it definitely
depends on the mb bios  and x11 server

c ya
alvin