Mozilla

I am using Debian/linux 2.4.23-1-686 on a Dell Inspiron 3200.  I have
upgraded the Mozilla components to 1.5.3.  I have noticed that the
application will open but I am not able to type anything into any box.
In fact the software seems to freeze and the only way to remove it is
to kill the process.  Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone
have any suggestions as to how to remedy this problem.  I have also
upgraded fetchmail and now get SMTP error which prevents the
downloading of mail from the server.  I get a SMTP transaction error
while fetching from the server.  Query status=10 (SMTP).  Any ideas?
Thank you for your help.

--
Michael Ward Cole, DO
936 Josephine Crescent