Re: prism54: eth1 won't com up during boot

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 the mental interface of
Elimar Riesebieter told:

> Hi list,
>
> I' ve succesfully set up a SMC2835W wireless card to work with the
> kernel driver from http://prism54.org.
>
> The bounded eth1 doesn't com up during boot. I have to start the
> interface by hand. Hotplug is needed to load firmware to the RAM of
> the wireless chip. In the hotplug package there is a firmware.agent
> who has to do that job.

The Debian initsript delays hotplug actions while running rcS.d scripts. The
firmware was loaded while stting  up runlevel 2, but this was to late 'cause
networking started in rcS already. I filed a bug against the init-script. Using
the initscript out of original sources (which can be find in the debian source
package as well) solved the problem for me. For that I removed all runlevel
hotplug links for the levels 2to5.

Ciao

Elimar

--