libc6 woe

Hi all,

I'm installing a server for a customer.  This one has the Silicon Image
3112 chipset, so the easiest way for me to install was to use my d-i
CD-ROM, install testing, then downgrade to woody.

However...  I've nearly finished the downgrade, as shown at
http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/debian/testing/2003/07/msg00039.html
and other useful sites.  I'm just stuck with the downgrade of libc6.  I
don't have a network up yet, so I'll type the relevant bits from the
log:

# apt-get upgrade
The following will be DOWNGRADED:
libc6

Preparing to replace libc6 2.3.2.ds1-10 using libc6_2.2.5-11.5_i386.deb.
Unpacking replacement libc6...

/bin/sh: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: version 'GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found (required
by /lib/tls/libdl.so.2)

Can someone help me fix this _horribly_ broken system?

Please don't CC me.  Also _please_ read the following before posting:
Documentation - http://www.debian.org/doc/
FAQ - http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/
Install manual (i386) - http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install